Doris A. Kaelin has joined Gordon & Rees as a partner in the San Francisco office. She is a member of the firm’s Business Transactions and Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Creditors’ Rights Practice Groups.
Kaelin has 20 years of experience in the areas of bankruptcy, business reorganization, and debtors’ and creditors’ rights. In addition to representing bankruptcy trustees and debtors and creditors in bankruptcy, she represents companies in the wind down and dissolution of businesses, and assignees in assignments for the benefit of creditors. She also serves as a bankruptcy trustee for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California.
Kaelin represents Chapter 11 debtors and has been involved in more than 40 bankruptcy and out-of-court asset sale transactions. She advises debtors, assignees and other fiduciaries on contract, lease and other claim disputes, in most instances reaching settlement without litigation. She also represents technology companies and businesses in the retail sector.
Kaelin is rated AV pre-eminent by Martindale-Hubbell and in 2014, she was recognized as a Northern California Super Lawyer by Law & Politics in the bankruptcy and creditors’ rights practice area.
Kaelin earned her B.S. from San Jose State University, with great distinction, and her J.D. from Santa Clara University.
- Litigation and Restructuring Attorney Paul Jasper Joins Rimon Law’s San Francisco Office as Partner
- Schnader Welcomes Paul S. Jasper to the Firm
- Leech Tishman Welcomes Sandford Frey and Stuart Koenig to Bankruptcy & Creditors’ Rights Practice in Pasadena Office
- Cooley Adds Prominent Bankruptcy Attorney
- Vedder Price Welcomes Former Seyfarth Shaw Partner