Goodwin Procter, a leading Am Law 50 and Global 50 law firm, announced today that Fredrich Lim has joined the firm as a partner in its Private Equity Group in San Francisco. Lim comes to Goodwin from Kirkland & Ellis, where he was a partner in the debt finance group.
“We are pleased to welcome an attorney of Fred’s experience and Bay Area market knowledge,” said Hovey Kemp, one of the leaders of Goodwin’s California Private Equity Practice and resident in the firm’s San Francisco office. “His skills and relationships fit seamlessly with our growing private equity practice in California, and he will play an important role in our growth in this market and beyond.”
Lim focuses his practice on complex domestic and cross-border leveraged transactions, representing private equity groups, sponsors and capital sources in structuring and negotiating financings in connection with leveraged buyouts, take-private acquisitions, recapitalizations and restructurings. He also represents lenders in various debt financing transactions, including asset-based secured lending and other specialized collateral transactions. His work has included transactions in the software, energy, on-line services, financial services, healthcare, biopharmaceutical, retail, industrial and restaurant sectors.
“Fred’s broad transactional experience, especially in the sponsor leveraged finance space, will serve as a significant resource for the firm and our private equity clients,” said A.J. Weidhaas, co-chair of Goodwin’s Private Equity Group.
Lim is the fifth lateral partner to join Goodwin’s Private Equity Group this year, following the Group’s recent expansion in Washington, D.C., Boston and London.
Lim received his J.D. cum laude from University of Illinois College of Law in 2005 and his B.S. cum laude from Michigan Technological University in 2003. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 733-6038.
- Goodwin Procter Expands Leveraged Finance and Private Equity Practices With Addition of Laura A. Rupenian in San Francisco
- Goodwin Procter Expands Private Equity Practice with Addition of Jared Jensen
- Goodwin Procter Expands Life Sciences Practice with Addition of Karen Spindler in San Francisco Office
- Goodwin Procter Expands Technology Companies Group with Addition of David W. Van Horne, Jr. in San Francisco Office
- Schiff Hardin Grows Private Clients, Trusts and Estates Group in San Francisco