Edward T. Schultz has joined the Los Angeles office of the international law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP as a shareholder in the Corporate & Securities Practice.
Schultz’s practice focuses on corporate and securities law and corporate finance. He counsels corporate clients on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures, debt and equity offerings and secured lending. He represents privately-held and public companies and serves as outside general counsel for various companies and private equity funds.
Schultz regularly advises private equity funds, senior executives and boards of directors on a wide range of legal and business issues relative to acquiring and divesting of business units. He is experienced in the technology, consumer products, entertainment and media, manufacturing and hospitality industries.
“Ed is an excellent addition and will further strengthen our growing Corporate & Securities Practice in Los Angeles,” said Mark J. Kelson, chair of the Los Angeles Corporate & Securities Practice. “We are excited to have him join our team.”
Schultz received his J.D. degree from Southwestern University School of Law and his B.A. in Economics from DePauw University.
Schultz is the most recent strategic hire in the Los Angeles office, following the joining of Tom Ara, Rob Sherman and John Maatta in the Los Angeles Entertainment and Media Practice.
- Nixon Peabody expands leading private equity practice on the West Coast with the addition of new partner Marc Kenny
- Renowned Entertainment & Media Attorney Gary Stiffelman Joins Greenberg Traurig as Shareholder in Los Angeles
- Leading M&A Lawyer Dan Clivner Joins Sidley Austin LLP
- Fenwick & West Deepens Private Equity Practice—Scott Joachim Joins Firm
- Lateral Hire at Gibson Dunn, L.A.