David S. Reidy, a leading financial services litigator with a cutting-edge practice advising financial technology companies, has joined McGuireWoods as a partner in the San Francisco office.
Reidy comes to McGuireWoods from Reed Smith, where he was a partner leading the FinTech practice. He represents financial services companies and other clients in consumer class action and individual privacy cases, debt collection and unfair business practices claims, and Telephone Consumer Protection Act and California Invasion of Privacy Act matters. In addition to his extensive class action litigation experience, he counsels FinTech clients on compliance issues related to consumer financial services.
At McGuireWoods, Reidy reunites with San Francisco office managing partner David C. Powell, the former head of Reed Smith’s financial services litigation group.
“His litigation experience and his keen understanding of the challenges faced by emerging FinTech companies will greatly benefit our clients,” said Powell, who last week opened McGuireWoods’ San Francisco office — its 22nd worldwide and third in California.
“David adds an important dimension to our practice,” said Brad Kutrow, chair of McGuireWoods’ Financial Services Litigation Department. “He has a unique knowledge and skill set when it comes to solving the legal issues of FinTech companies.”
“I’m excited to be in on the ground floor of McGuireWoods’ expansion into the Bay Area,” Reidy said. “The firm is recognized nationally as a leader in financial services litigation, and I look forward to contributing to the firm’s and our clients’ continued success.”
McGuireWoods was named “Law Firm of the Year” for banking and finance litigation in the 2016 edition of U.S. News-Best Lawyers’ “Best Law Firms.” In addition, McGuireWoods is among the highest-ranked firms in 2016’s “BTI Litigation Outlook” report, honored as a “Powerhouse” for complex commercial litigation and as a “Standout” for class actions. BTI placed McGuireWoods sixth on its 2016 “Client Service A-Team” among a small group of elite firms singled out for excellence.
- McGuireWoods Continues Financial Services Litigation Expansion With Addition of Two San Francisco Partners
- McGuireWoods Continues Expansion of San Francisco Office With Addition of Four Top Lawyers
- David Walsh, Noted Consumer Class Action Litigator, Joins Morrison & Foerster
- Troutman Sanders Expands Financial Services Litigation Practice with the Addition of Partners in San Diego and Washington, DC Chad Fuller and Victoria Holstein-Childress Bring Deep Litigation and Regulatory Enforcement Experience
- Troutman Sanders Adds Partner with Seasoned Experience to Privacy and Financial Services Litigation Practices