Greenberg Glusker’s renowned Entertainment Law Group announces the expansion of its music law practice with the addition of William I. Hochberg and Mitchell Manger.
William I. Hochberg, an accomplished transactional attorney, joins Greenberg Glusker as partner, bringing a tremendous level of music and media experience to the firm. Bill works for some of the finest creative talents and most innovative companies in the world.
“An industry built on creativity needs talented and creative lawyers to obtain successful outcomes,” said Bob Baradaran, managing partner at Greenberg Glusker. “Bill brings to Greenberg Glusker his pragmatic and aggressive problem-solving approaches that our clients appreciate and expect, along with his creative mindset as a musician.”
Bill joins a prominent entertainment group led by Matt Galsor. Bill’s representation includes:
· World-renowned film composer Lalo Schifrin in establishing international distribution for his original film studio recordings and, in several cases, re-recordings of famous film scores;
· Jeffrey Steele, one of the top songwriters in the country, in establishing his successful music publishing and production house on Nashville’s Music Row;
· Grammy Award-winning producer-songwriter team the Stereotypes in resolving a dispute with their former manager and business partner; and
· Brazilian music publisher Fermata do Brasil in litigating and negotiating matters involving lyric translation disputes and unauthorized usages regarding well-known Bossa Nova and other Latin musical works.
“We are excited to expand the firm’s music law practice by welcoming Bill and Mitch to the team,” said Matt Galsor, chair of Greenberg Glusker’s Entertainment Group. “The music business and music law are evolving at the speed of light, and Bill has been at the forefront of this evolution.”
“Greenberg Glusker and its iconic entertainment lawyers have helped to shape the industry. Mitch and I are excited to bring our music and media experience to such a powerhouse firm and to provide our clients with the full complement of legal services Greenberg Glusker has to offer,” said Bill Hochberg.
Joining Bill at Greenberg Glusker is Mitchell Manger. Mitch’s practice focuses on counseling individuals and companies in connection with music industry, multimedia and intellectual property issues. His representative clients include recording artists, songwriters, producers, talent managers, publishers, studios, and record companies. Prior to joining the firm, he founded and worked as general counsel at a startup called Antiquity Music, which develops music software, and the Wheelharp, an instrument that he invented and patented. He also worked as a recording engineer and producer.
– See more at: http://www.greenbergglusker.com/news/releases/william-i-hochberg-and-mitchell-manger-expand-greenberg-glusker-s-music-law-practice#sthash.LoFCsTkH.dpuf
- Greenberg Traurig Expands Its Entertainment & Media Practice with the Addition of Steve Plinio in Los Angeles
- Renowned Entertainment & Media Attorney Gary Stiffelman Joins Greenberg Traurig as Shareholder in Los Angeles
- Greenberg Glusker Bolsters Entertainment, Environmental, Real Estate and Corporate Practices with Four Hires
- Loeb & Loeb Represents Sony Pictures Entertainment in Film and TV Music Catalog Sale to ole Music Publishing LLC
- Environmental Lawyer Peter Nyquist Joins Greenberg Glusker