Akin Gump advised East West Bank in its providing of a credit facility to Bona Film Group for the latter’s $235 million investment in a slate of Hollywood movies from 20th Century Fox.
The deal allows China-based Bona Film Group to invest in six live-action films. The first of which is the “The Martian,” starring Matt Damon.
Chris Spicer, a partner in Akin Gump’s entertainment and media practice, led the team advising East West Bank. He was joined by corporate senior counsel Alissa Miller and associate Vanessa Roman and cross-border transactions counsel Lucy Lu.
- Edward Woods and Susan Leader Join Akin Gump’s Commercial Litigation Practice in Los Angeles
- Akin Gump Advises Kingston Technology Company in Agreement with Powerchip Technology Corporation
- Akin Gump Adds Leading Corporate and IP Litigation Lawyers in the Technology and Consumer Electronics Industries
- Akin Gump Advises True Green Capital on Solar Portfolio Financing
- Sustainable Power Group Turns to Akin Gump for Tioga Energy Transaction