Davis Polk is advising Micrel, Incorporated in connection with its sale to Microchip Technology Incorporated for a total equity value of approximately $839 million. The transaction, which is expected to close early in the third quarter of 2015, is subject to approval by Micrel stockholders, regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions.
Micrel, headquartered in San Jose, California, is a leading global manufacturer of IC solutions for the worldwide high-performance linear and power, LAN and timing and communications markets with sales and support offices and design centers situated throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. Microchip, headquartered in Chandler, Arizona, is a leading provider of microcontroller, mixed signal, analog and Flash-IP solutions.
The Davis Polk corporate team includes partner William M. Kelly and associates Sarah Ahmad, Judy Lai and Peter M. Lamb. Partner Rachel D. Kleinberg is providing tax advice. Partner Frank J. Azzopardi is providing intellectual property advice. Counsel Cynthia Akard is providing executive compensation advice. Counsel Stephen M. Pepper and associate Jane M. McCooey are providing antitrust and competition advice. Partner Neal A. Potischman is providing litigation advice. Members of the Davis Polk team are based in the Menlo Park and New York offices.
- Davis Polk Advises Mirion Technologies and American Capital on the Sale of Mirion to Charterhouse Capital Partners
- Davis Polk Advises Texas Instruments on $500 Million Notes Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Affymetrix on Its Acquisition of eBioscience
- Davis Polk Advises FormFactor on Its Acquisition of MicroProbe
- Davis Polk – NVIDIA Corporation $1.5 Billion Convertible Senior Notes Offering