Sidley Austin LLP represented IPC Healthcare (NASDAQ: IPCM) in the recently announced merger with Team Health Holdings Inc. for $1.6 billion. For its proposed acquisition of IPC, Tennessee-based TeamHealth offered $80.25 a share, a 37 percent premium based on IPC’s closing stock price on the previous trading day. The combined company would employ 15,000 health care professionals nationwide.
The team was led by Dan Clivner and Robert Kadlec in Los Angeles, and included partner Corey Perry (Chicago Benefits), Marc Raven (Chicago Antitrust), Ed Norris and associate Matt Schonholz (Los Angeles Tax), Josh Hofheimer and associate Lori Trujillo (Los Angeles IP). In addition, M&A associates Nicolo Nourafchan (New York), Jessica Mendoza (Los Angeles) and Alyse Andalman (Chicago) also served on the deal team.
- Sidley Austin LLP Advises GlaxoSmithKline on Collaboration with Avalon Ventures
- Sidley Austin LLP Advises Flextronics on Acquisition of Motorola Mobility Manufacturing Operations
- Cooley LLP Advising Peet’s Coffee & Tea, Inc. in $1 Billion Sale
- WilmerHale Adds Former Federal Prosecutor to Los Angeles Office
- Latham & Watkins – Schiff Nutrition Advised in Its $1.2 Billion Acquisition by Bayer