Simpson Thacher represented Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. (NYSE: NUS) in connection with a $210 million strategic investment in Nu Skin from Ping An ZQ China Growth Opportunity Limited (“Ping An ZQ”), pursuant to which Ping An ZQ purchased 4.75% Convertible Senior Notes due 2020. Ping An ZQ’s investors consists of a consortium of Chinese investors led by Ping An of China Securities (Hong Kong) Company Ltd. and a group of additional investors affiliated with ZQ Capital Limited. Nu Skin will use the proceeds to repurchase common stock and invest in its China operations.
Nu Skin develops and distributes innovative consumer products, offering a comprehensive line of premium-quality beauty and wellness solutions in more than 50 markets worldwide.
The Simpson Thacher team included Kevin Kennedy, Chad Skinner, Kelli Schultz, Ayal Bainvoll and Drew Simon-Rooke (Corporate); Brian Steinhardt and Christian Fischer (Credit); and Katharine Moir (Tax). Summer Associate Harry Stanwyck also provided valuable assistance.
- Simpson Thacher Advises on Apple’s Historic $17 Billion Bond Offering
- Simpson Thacher Advises on Apple’s $3.5 Billion Reopening of Bond Offering
- Simpson Thacher Represents Sears Holdings Corporation in Spin-off of Sears Canada
- Simpson Thacher Represents Sophia Holding Finance in $400 Million Offering of Senior PIK Toggle Notes
- Simpson Thacher Represents Goldman Sachs in Follow-On Offering by Tesla Motors