John A. McKinsey, formerly of Locke Lord LLP, has joined LeClairRyan as a partner on the firm’s Energy and Governance teams. He will be resident in the national law firm’s Sacramento office.
McKinsey focuses his practice on representing clients in the energy industry and assisting manufacturing, development and service industry clients deal with complex regulatory schemes and agencies. He regularly serves as lead counsel for the siting of major power projects in California and provides extensive leadership and guidance in the areas of compliance and regulatory matters, facility development and operation. McKinsey has represented clients before numerous regulatory agencies including the California Energy Commission, California Public Utilities Commission, California Independent System Operator, Western Regional Electricity Generation Information System, California Air Resources Board, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, California State Lands Commission, United States Department of Fish and Wildlife, the California Coastal Commission, the California Department of Water Resources and numerous regional governmental agencies including air quality districts, water boards, cities and counties.
In addition to energy, McKinsey has substantial experience in wine, beer and alcohol law, and frequently represents wineries, breweries and other alcohol manufacturers and also alcohol retailers. He also represents housing and service industry clients in environmental, land use, and disability access law matters.
- Locke Lord Welcomes Partner John McKinsey in Sacramento as Member of Energy and Corporate Practice Groups
- Perkins Coie’s San Francisco Office Adds Nationally Recognized Natural Resources Attorney
- Two Veteran Water Law Attorneys Join Best Best & Krieger
- California Water Leader Joseph Byrne Joins Best Best & Krieger
- K&L Gates Further Boosts San Francisco Office with Energy and Environmental Partner Hire