Foley announced today that Mark Danielson has joined the firm’s Intellectual Property Department as a partner in the Silicon Valley office.
Danielson is an intellectual property counselor specializing in electronics. He has extensive experience across a variety of technologies, including computer hardware and software, network systems, microprocessors and architectures, signal processing, data communications, thin film devices and fabrication methods, computational lithography, cloud computing and alternative energy. His practice focuses on patent prosecution, post-grant proceedings and counseling services for clients ranging from early stage start-ups and privately held businesses to Fortune 500 corporations.
“Mark’s combination of electronics industry knowledge and legal experience allows him to counsel clients through technically complex issues. His unique engineering background will benefit our clients in the growing tech community,” said Michele Simkin, chair of Foley’s Intellectual Property Department.
Before becoming a lawyer, Danielson served in engineering positions at IBM, Georgia Tech Research Institute, Texas Instruments and GTE Corporation. As an engineer, he gained extensive hands-on experience with technologies including digital signal processing, embedded processors, radar systems and object-oriented software development.
“We are excited to have Mark join our growing team in Silicon Valley. His successful track record and technical expertise will be a valuable asset to our clients and colleagues,” said Paul Stewart, managing partner of the firm’s Silicon Valley office.
Prior to joining Foley, Danielson was a partner at Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP.
- Kilpatrick Townsend Adds Experienced Intellectual Property Counsel to Firm’s Silicon Valley Office
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP Further Expands its West Coast IP Practice With Addition of Philip Albert
- Kilpatrick Townsend Adds Counsel Christian Nicholes to Firm’s Silicon Valley Office
- Partner Jordan Trent Jones Rejoins Kilpatrick Townsend’s Intellectual Property Department in Silicon Valley
- Kilpatrick Townsend Adds Attorney Rajit Kapur to Firm’s Silicon Valley Office