Nixon Peabody is growing its intellectual property practice in Southern California with the addition of new counsel Raquel L. Aragón.
Raquel, who joins the firm’s IP Counseling and Transactions practice, works with companies to structure technology transactions and growth strategies. She counsels clients on a variety of agreements including software licensing, software development, information technology, and outsourcing agreements. Raquel also drafts and negotiates content licensing, content distribution, marketing, and privacy agreements.
“In today’s environment, digital technologies are playing an increasingly important role in nearly every business sector,” said Seth Levy, intellectual property partner and managing partner of Nixon Peabody’s Los Angeles office. “Raquel will be an instrumental member of our team as we work with companies and individuals in the health care, high-tech, consumer products, entertainment and other industries.”
Raquel brings additional experience in entertainment transactional matters, previously working with a leading online streaming entertainment company. She joins Nixon Peabody from Foley & Lardner. Raquel earned her J.D. and M.B.A. from Columbia University in New York, NY.
- Nixon Peabody expands leading private equity practice on the West Coast with the addition of new partner Marc Kenny
- Health Services Partner Jill Gordon Joins Nixon Peabody’s Los Angeles Office
- Nixon Peabody Hire Has CEO and Investment Banking Experience; Former General Counsel and Business Executive Richard Zolezzi Joins San Francisco Office
- Nixon Peabody Opens in Palo Alto
- Nixon Peabody Strengthens Its California Healthcare Practice with Two Litigation Partners