With a focus on expanding its corporate practice in California, Nixon Peabody has added partner Thomas Gaynor. Tom, who will split his time between the firm’s San Francisco and Los Angeles offices, represents companies, funds, and investors in various business stages.
Tom’s clients include both California companies as well as national and international companies. “Nixon Peabody has an entrepreneurial culture that’s very appealing to me,” said Tom Gaynor. “I look forward to collaborating with my new colleagues as we help companies and investors foresee new opportunities, solve problems, and efficiently drive transactions to close.”
Tom works with clients on public and private international company mergers and acquisitions, recapitalizations, corporate governance, venture and private equity debt and equity financings, LLC and corporate formations, joint ventures and domestic/offshore investment fund creation. He represents clients in a wide range of industries from digital media and technology to financial services and consumer goods.
“Our corporate practice is booming. It is very exciting to have someone of Tom’s caliber and experience join us,” said David Martland, leader of Nixon Peabody’s M&A and Corporate Transactions practice.
“Tom is focused on helping our clients see and prepare for what’s ahead as they look to grow their businesses,” added Anthony Barron, managing partner of Nixon Peabody’s San Francisco office. “Expanding our transactional presence in California is a top priority for our firm. Tom is the latest in a number of key additions, and we look forward to continued growth on the West Coast.”
Tom joins Nixon Peabody from Squire Patton Boggs. He graduated from Boston College Law School and earned his undergraduate degree from Georgetown University.
- Nixon Peabody expands leading private equity practice on the West Coast with the addition of new partner Marc Kenny
- Nixon Peabody Opens in Palo Alto
- Focused on growing West Coast M&A practice and China practice, Nixon Peabody adds a partner in San Francisco
- Nixon Peabody Hire Has CEO and Investment Banking Experience; Former General Counsel and Business Executive Richard Zolezzi Joins San Francisco Office
- Jones Day partner joins Nixon Peabody’s Construction Team in San Francisco