Michael G. McKinnon has joined Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP as a partner in the firm’s Corporate practice group, based in the firm’s Orange County office. McKinnon joins from Greenberg Traurig.
McKinnon focuses his practice on corporate and securities law, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisition and joint ventures in the health care and life sciences industries. He has assisted clients in acquiring or investing in medical device companies, home infusion providers, diagnostic imaging providers, medical groups, physician practices, surgery centers, PPO networks, diabetic supply businesses, clinical trial companies and urgent care centers.
McKinnon also serves as outside general counsel for a variety of health care and life sciences companies, including medical device firms and large health systems. In addition to private practice, McKinnon has also served as in-house counsel for Apria Healthcare and InSight Health Services Corp., with primary responsibility for the companies’ acquisitions, joint ventures and securities matters.
“We are very pleased to welcome Mike to our Orange County office. His corporate transactional practice mix, which includes a healthcare and life sciences industry focus, is both complementary and supplementary to our existing capabilities,” said Jon W. Newby, vice chairman of Sheppard Mullin.
“I am thrilled to join Sheppard Mullin. The strength and breadth of the corporate and healthcare practices, coupled with the firm’s California presence, were very attractive to me. I was also impressed by the firm’s collegial culture and thriving Orange County office,” McKinnon commented.
McKinnon received a J.D., cum laude, from Pepperdine University School of Law in 1994 and a B.S. from Cornell University in 1990.
Sheppard Mullin has 65 attorneys based in its Orange County office. The firm’s Corporate practice group includes 150 attorneys firmwide.
- Greenberg Traurig Continues Expansion of Corporate and Securities Practice With Addition of Shareholder Michael McKinnon in Orange County
- Sheppard Mullin Adds Los Angeles Corporate Partner James Thompson
- Epstein Becker Green Enhances Its West Coast Health Care and Transactional Capabilities with the Addition of Paul A. Gomez
- Corporate Partner Megan Gess Joins Sheppard Mullin Orange County
- K&L Gates Continues Growth of Orange County Office with Addition of Product Liability Team