On May 10, 2016, the United States District Court for the Central District of California, in a 31-page decision, dismissed a putative class action lawsuit for securities fraud against Yingli Green Energy Holding Company Limited. Judge Wright held that the plaintiffs failed to adequately plead a material misrepresentation or scienter and that certain allegations were barred on statute of limitations grounds.
The Simpson Thacher team on this case is Chet Kronenberg, Colin Rolfs and JoAnne Jennings. Chet argued the motion to dismiss on behalf of Yingli.
- Simpson Thacher Achieves Dismissal For Lion Capital
- Simpson Thacher Represents Mining Machinery Limited in Resolution of Outstanding Issues with Caterpillar, Inc.
- Irell & Manella Secures a Major Victory for Ariosa Diagnostics, Inc.
- Davis Polk Wins Dismissal for LG Electronics of Large Price-Fixing Case Involving Optical Disk Drives
- Schiff Hardin Welcomes William M. Lofton and Jacquelynne M. Jennings as Partners in the Finance and Public Law Groups