Michelman & Robinson, LLP (M&R), a national business law firm, today announced that a group of five intellectual property (IP) attorneys led by veteran IP litigator Jan Weir has joined the firm in its Orange County office. Four of the lawyers arrive from the Orange County office of K&L Gates.
“This is a landmark day for M&R as it represents a major enhancement of our IP litigation capabilities,” said Dana Kravetz, managing partner of Michelman & Robinson. “Jan and the four other talented attorneys bring with them a tremendous amount of experience in highly technical and complex IP litigation matters. Our clients will benefit immediately from their expertise.”
Weir has been an IP litigator for more than 30 years. His primary focus is on patent, trademark, copyright, unfair competition, antitrust and other business tort litigation. He is a highly regarded expert in IP law, having been recognized by the Daily Journal as one of the top 30 IP litigators in California. His team has successfully litigated multi-billion dollar complex pharmaceutical cases, including Hatch-Waxman/ANDA litigation.
“I am thrilled to join M&R, a firm that values research, creativity and innovation,” said Weir. “Like M&R, my team prides itself in our cutting edge approach to complex legal matters.”
Weir, who joins M&R as a partner, is accompanied by a team of four lawyers:
• Joseph Mellema, who spends the majority of his time representing clients in patent infringement disputes in the U.S. federal courts, joins M&R as Counsel;
• Taylor Foss, whose practice focuses on patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and general business litigation, joins M&R as Senior Associate;
• Jennifer Mauri, who brings with her experience in complex IP litigation, particularly related to pharmaceuticals, joins M&R as Associate; and
• Kathrine Brandt, who regularly represents clients in patent infringement suits and provides patent and trademark portfolio management for startup companies, joins M&R as Associate.
“We are delighted to welcome these gifted lawyers to our office,” said Mona Hanna, managing partner of Michelman & Robinson’s Orange County office and head of the firm’s Litigation Department. “Their arrival provides our clients nationwide with access to decades of additional IP litigation experience and significantly strengthens our capabilities here in Orange County.”
- K&L Gates Boosts IP Litigation Practice with Orange County Lawyer Team
- Loeb & Loeb Represents The Weir Group in Acquisition of R Wales Group of Companies
- K&L Gates Continues Growth of Orange County Office with Addition of Product Liability Team
- Gibson Dunn Adds Patent Litigator Bill Rooklidge in Orange County
- Richardson & Patel Expands with Orange County Office