Cooley advised Atara Biotherapeutics, Inc. on its $63 million initial public offering. Atara is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel therapeutics for serious unmet medical needs, with an initial focus on muscle wasting conditions and oncology. The company now trades on The NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol “ATRA.”
Goldman, Sachs & Co. and Citigroup Global Markets Inc. acted as joint book-running managers for the offering, and Jefferies LLC acted as manager for the offering.
The Cooley corporate and securities team advising Atara was comprised of partners Kenneth Guernsey and Jodie Bourdet and associates Carlton Fleming, Robert E. Jones and Eric Cheng.
Critical support was provided by partner Barclay Kamb (life sciences); partner Natasha Leskovsek and associate Bin Wang (health care and life sciences regulatory); partner Bill Christiansen (intellectual property); special counsel Laura McDaniels (compensation and benefits); and partners Susan Cooper Philpot and Bill Morrow (tax).
- Cooley – GeneWEAVE Sells to Roche for $425 MillionCooley advised GeneWEAVE Biosciences on its approximately $425 million sale to Roche. GeneWEAVE is a privately-held in vitro diagnostics company that is advancing clinical microbiology with diagnostic solutions. It helps healthcare providers in the fight against drug-resistant bacteria by enabling impactful surveillance programs, early therapy guidance and successful antibiotic stewardship. Roche Molecular Diagnostics is a subsidiary of F. Hoffman-La Roche, the world’s largest biotech company. The team advising GeneWEAVE included partners Mark Tanoury, Laura Medina and Barclay Kamb and associates Aaron Binstock, Kelsey Velemirovich and Carlton Fleming.
- Dermira Prices its Initial Public Offering
- Cooley Advises Portola Pharmaceuticals on its $140 Million IPO
- Invitae Completes $117 Million Initial Public Offering
- Cooley Advises Underwriters on Receptos, Inc. Initial Public Offering